Monday, September 30, 2013

I Heart NYC

I cannot hold back my excitement. There is something so magical about New York City. It is a place I have wanted to live in and visit often since I was first there many years ago. And now, there are officially 2 trips happening in the next few months to NYC with my favorite girls!

 In less than a month, I will be spending a weekend in New York with Alissa, which is so exciting because we have been trying to plan this for a while now... pretty much since we were last there in 2010 (wishing Caitlin could also come, but she's teaching her heart out. We will be missing you!). First on our agenda is a visit to drybar for pampering to start our day. Blowout salons are a big craze right now and I am so excited to try it-- I'm thinking either the Manhattan (when in Rome, right?) or the Southern Comfort. Click on the link to learn more about it! We also want to visit the MoMA, Central Park, Wicked on Broadway and the National September 11th Memorial and Museum, and a lot of SoHo. Of course shopping is always on the list, oh and good food.

Then in December, (I mean really? NYC at Christmastime??? I could die.) I will be back with my best girls since the last time we were there together in high school 6 years ago. This trip will include a Broadway show, the ballet or the Rockettes (!), ice skating, Central Park, hopefully a trip to FAO Schwarz and a ton of hot chocolates, and probably as much good food, drinks, and Christmas-y fun as we can fit into a long weekend.

Both are still in the works, but any other suggestions? I've asked around a bit and learned that La Colombe, Il Vagabondo, Katz's Deli, and Dominique Ansel Bakery are some hot spots to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment