Friday, February 7, 2014

Just Dance

If you follow me on Instagram, then you may have seen a clip of me dancing (more like jumping around with music playing) like a crazy person in Bruce's living room. I had my weekly night class last night and I was feeling stressed about all of the presentations and papers and group meetings and community projects that I have to fit in between a full time job and a life in the next 3 months. I think I called Bruce right after class and talked about how ridiculous this and that and this and that is. I kept him on the phone the whole time until I said, "Hey, I'm parking outside now." I thanked him a bunch of times for listening to my complaining and I had time to relax on the couch with him. I thought, why the heck am I making such a big deal of this. I immediately knew what I had to do......dance it off. I played 2 songs and I gave one request to Bruce. And you know what? It felt awesome. I felt better and happier. I need to remember to do this more and be spontaneous, and have fun, and just dance (or jump) like a weirdo for 10 minutes.
 
 
So, whatever it is that makes you feel better when you're feeling bad, just do it right then. And if you don't know what your thing is, you can use mine and see how it goes.
 


 
Also, I want to mention that none of this phased Bruce at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment