Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy Wedding Update

A few months ago I was really struggling with planning Bruce and my wedding. After I got out my frustrations and was honest with myself and everyone else, I felt good. I also got a lot of support and reassurance that I was not crazy for feeling overwhelmed. I think sometimes when I am overwhelmed, I immediately become paralyzed by it and start projecting negative feelings about whatever it is that is making me feel that way (I think other people do the same. Right?). But after I put it out there, it was like I could stop stressing about all the reasons that were preventing me from getting started. I was free! And just like that, my negative feelings were gone. I was myself, I was honest, and I was ready to crack down and just make some freaking decisions.

So, I wanted to update everyone that things are going really well! I am actually making decisions like a boss (with Bruce's help of course). And dare I say, I am having a lot of fun. Now the way I'm keeping myself from stressing is to make a decision and move on and don't look back. Its almost in a compulsive way. If I (and we) like it and it's reasonable, then no more questions asked. Venue? Check. Gown? Check. Bridesmaids dresses? Check. Minister, wedding bands, food, photographer? Check, check, check and check. Its been surprisingly easy... almost too easy. Easy to the point that reading my old post, I feel like I can't understand why I let myself feel that way.

Another reason I'm feeling less stressed this time is because we are leaving out all the unnecessary stuff and starting to enlist the help of friends and family to pull it off. My aunties' cookies are going to be awesome, Alex is going to be making our cake, and Bruce's parents are starting to stock up on the alcohol.

So, lesson learned. Be honest, stay true to yourself, ask for help, don't overthink it. Great mantra in wedding planning and in LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment