Monday, October 28, 2013

Milkmaid Braid

I have been trying to master the milkmaid braid since I fell in love with these pictures on Pinterest....




For some reason, whether each time my hair was too short, too many layers, too straight, too curly, mine would just not look right. I gave up and figured I wouldn't be able to rock the cute style.....but after seeing a blog post with a how-to video, I tried it on a whim before going out with my friends. And it worked and was SO easy (eating my words, right now). Here is the video that "clicked" for me from the blog Sometimes Sweet (http://sometimessweet.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-milkmaid-braids.html)! I got so many compliments and for a girl who doesn't normally feel pretty if my hair isn't down, I felt edgy and pretty and unique. 'Cause, let's be honest, its not a style you see often in real life, even though it is totally wearable. I will definitely be doing this more often.

My hair (!)

 
 


Tips from my experience:

1. Add wave to your hair, it holds a braid easier.
2. Don't pin to the top of your head while hair is wet, it's too heavy!
3. My braid held on a day-2-dirty-hair day

No comments:

Post a Comment